Category Archives: Audio
Audacity is a free, open source audio recorder for Windows. Audacity can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from cassette tapes, vinyl records, or minidiscs. With some sound cards, it can also capture streaming audio. It comes with many useful features, some of which are:
- Records and plays audio files
- Supports various file formats like WAV, AIFF, AU, and Ogg Vorbis
- Import MPEG audio (including MP2 and MP3 files)
- Edit your audio files by cutting, copying, pasting, and mixing them
- Large files can be edited fairly quickly
- Add different effects like echo, phaser, wahwah, reverse, and more
- Change the pitch without altering the tempo, or vice-versa.
- Record and edit 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit (floating point) samples.
- Various plug-ins support
- Can be used to convert old tapes into digital media
- And many more
site : filehorse.com